AAX or Rewire?

General discussions related to ion/Micron-editor
bisszerk

AAX or Rewire?

Post by bisszerk »

Would there be any chance to get the Ion Editor in AAX format or add rewire to the stand alone version? My problem lies in the fact that there is no way to get the plugin loaded in pro tools effectively. There are options to load vsts directly into pro tools, but the Ion Editor will not assign a proper midi in/out using any method in pro tools. For example, i can load the vst into pro tools using bluecats patchworks, but there is no way to assign the midi in/out in the editor because pro tools has the midi in/out "IN USE". A quick solution might be to add a feature to the vst to automatically link to "host" midi in/out. Any thoughts?
Iman_JL

Re: AAX or Rewire?

Post by Iman_JL »

Would there be any chance to get the Ion Editor in AAX format or add rewire to the stand alone version?
NO at this moment.
but there is no way to assign the midi in/out in the editor because pro tools has the midi in/out "IN USE".
Use two virtual midi ports, and separate protools midi in/out from editor, then route the virtual midis outside of the host via a midi utility program. It may work.
A quick solution might be to add a feature to the vst to automatically link to "host" midi in/out.
It automatically links to VST channel MIDI IN , but for MIDI out you should select the device.
bisszerk

Re: AAX or Rewire?

Post by bisszerk »

It does work if i use a vst rewire host into Pro Tools like fl studio or reaper.. but that requires me to purchase another daw just for that task. I was actually trying to find a midi utility program that could do such a thing as to be able to route outside of pro tools. Obviously i can use the stand alone editor to make new patches but I wont have control of automation.