Micron not receiving Mod Matrix info correctly

General discussions related to ion/Micron-editor
bisszerk

Micron not receiving Mod Matrix info correctly

Post by bisszerk »

When using the ion-editor, the micron does not route the mod matrix assignments properly when being altered in the editor. I am using Win7 x64 and ion-editor stand alone. It also looks as if the editor is not receiving all the matrix info from the micron either. For example there will be two mod matrices setup on the micron but the editor will only receive one when requesting patch. And if I set up a brand new matrix on any patch in the editor it does not reflect this change in the micron even after manually clicking "edit update buffer". The only way I can get it to work is, manually click add in the micron then request patch, then I can change parameters in the editor. In other words for example, to get the mod matrix to work on three matrices I have to manually add three in the micron before I can use the editor to change them. Is this normal behavior?
Iman_JL

Re: Micron not receiving Mod Matrix info correctly

Post by Iman_JL »

Is this normal behavior?
YES.

please read the end section of manual carefully.

MOD matrix issue is related to Micron OS not the editor, you cannot add mod slot via NRPN. It is a famous bug of the Micron OS ! you can cure this somehow by sending a pre-built sysex file with all mod slot enabled in your micron memory and start building your patch from scratch over it.

you can find that sysex file in your install directory "Micron_12Mods.Syx".
bisszerk

Re: Micron not receiving Mod Matrix info correctly

Post by bisszerk »

Ok... it seems I missed this file because it is only included in the ion-editor v2.1 download!