loading sysex banks

General discussions related to ion/Micron-editor
Bobby L'Avenir

loading sysex banks

Post by Bobby L'Avenir »

I just got this and I got it so I could load all my presets from my daw. When i try to load in the sysex banks from your webpage i get this message "Invalid File! Multiple patches and banks are not supported". Why is this and how do i get all the sounds on the hardware into the editor without going through each one manually? By the way my final aim is to make cubase vst presets which are easier to manage and search.

thanks
Bobby L'Avenir

Re: loading sysex banks

Post by Bobby L'Avenir »

Bobby L'Avenir wrote:I just got this and I got it so I could load all my presets from my daw. When i try to load in the sysex banks from your webpage i get this message "Invalid File! Multiple patches and banks are not supported". Why is this and how do i get all the sounds on the hardware into the editor without going through each one manually? By the way my final aim is to make cubase vst presets which are easier to manage and search.

thanks
Bump??? no reply :o
DenilsonRosa

Post by DenilsonRosa »

There is no solution for this??
Iman_JL

Post by Iman_JL »

Loading a sysex bank is not possible. Alesis does not share information about the sysex bank format, it makes sense for ion, but for micron program/bank allocation is somehow different which makes the job even harder.

The best way is to select your desired program using bank/prg knob, then request that particular program.

Regarding ion/micron Mod Matrix bug, you should consider request the presets from your synth memory first then start sound design or automation. Even if you have a full bank loaded in editor, the presets might sounds different after sending to the synth edit buffer for previewing because the Mod-matix slots wont load properly.